Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cozy Touches

Now that Christmas is packed away (well, good thing blogging doesn't allow for inspections), like many of you I also like to simplify. Though I also want to create a feeling of warmth and coziness. I've switched out the Christmas glitter for winter cozy.

We had our tree between these two chairs during Christmas. I think the animal print adds to the warm feeling.

Yes, it is snowing outside. Perfect time to build a fire.

It's days like today when Cocoa most appreciates she's not an outside cat.

How about that look of disgust for disturbing her nap. "If only you'd get that camera out of my face, life would be purrrfect."

The breakfast sideboard was decorated with gold and silver during Christmas. This seemed so much warmer. I love this space because it is so easily changed to accommodate whatever mood or whatever season we're in.

I thought the burlap helped create a feeling of warmth.

Blessings to all of you in 2011. It won't be long and we won't have to pull out the burlap and animal print to get warm. I'm already planning for it.



Linking to The House in the Roses weekly "Show Off Your Cottage" party.

4 comments:

  1. I love what you've done to create a warm living space. It's beautiful!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vignettes and your kitty looks very cozy. I see you are ready to garden. Love your shed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful... I LOVE the big clock on the end table, and your sideboard is Yummy!
    Have a wonderful week, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inviting....nice place to curl up next to Cocoa and read a good book! Just lovely! Becoming a follower and hope you do the same!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy all fussy comments.