Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Canister Evolution

Seems like there's metamorphosis in the canister world in blogland.  I didn't intend to post about it but after I saw Susan at Between Naps on the Porch post about replacing her canisters with clear glass canisters, I had to join the fun.  

 
These are my sort-of new canisters. I didn't need them and I didn't plan to buy any, but stumbled upon them while shopping for back-to-school-clothes with my family in August. Well of course one can find clothes in the housewares section at Marshalls.
After a decade of using plain white canisters that were given to me at a garage sale, I was drawn to these but unsure how I would feel about seeing the contents every day.  You see, it's so very hard for me to commit to something I can't exchange and since we were shopping 2.5 hours from home, I hesitated.


We took a family vote at the store since everyone agreed and since they were so inexpensive, they came home with the pencils, glue, gym shoes, and new clothes.


I'm so glad I took the risk. They look great with their chippy companions.  I especially like the sweet cherub on top (of the canister that is) even though the one in the picture is tops to me too. I decided to use small blue transferware cups in the flour and sugar and the kids' silver cup in the coffee beans to add a little "decoration."



The old guy.  Not out of favor, just out of sight now.


Joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday where it looks like I'm not the only one around blogland changing up canisters.  





6 comments:

  1. Angela, your canisters are sooo pretty! I know you are so glad you went for it. I really do like seeing the contents. Great idea using pretty cups for scooping...love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, Angela! You can always switch back and forth with the white ones, if the mood strikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Angela, they're so pretty! I love the tops on this! Have a happy Thanksgiving. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Good choice and you can't possibly go to Marshall's without looking in the home department! I know I could never do that.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your canisters! Really suffering from shed envy. I am going to pin your shed on my "I Love Sheds" board on Pinterest. Your new follower.
    Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, you won my giveaway for the eco natural soap line. I need your email address. You can answer this comment directly from your email.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy all fussy comments.